10/09/2012

Oh! I didn't see you there...

Hey everyone! Remember me? It's been a while since I've blogged. Truth be told, I have had a lot of other things on my mind, and so blogging has been one of the last things I wanted to do. 

I have started writing again. (Well, started thinking about writing. I wrote one page. That doesn't really count). And have been continuing my second job search.

A lot of people are in the same boat, though, I am slowly finding out. Believe it or not, a bunch of us don't have our act together, and are trying to find our ways. I think that as things move on, it'll get a lot easier. There's just so much uncertainty now. There was always school, then, when there wasn't school, there was the trip. I had to work really hard to make it happen, and plan quite a bit. It was like being in school, I had something to concretely plan for. And working sixty hours a week really helps you not have time to stress! I actually miss working constantly. It fills your mind, and your wallet! If only Starbucks would allow me to work sixty hours... It's a rather amazing job, actually, and I am very happy when I am working there. 

Writing, or, rather, thinking about writing has been so glorious. I am actively thinking about my new story all the time, and enjoy fleshing out my characters like I did long ago! It's been years since I've become obsessed with a story, I was starting to think Wonderland was under attack (please read The Looking Glass Wars, if you have not already done so, to understand that reference and read some awesome writing). So, I am glad to know that I can once again classify myself as "a writer". I feel I am me again, in some little way that was lost, and I have Brian to thank for that! (Turns out, having a writing prompt and writing support buddy works wonders!)

But, other than that, not much happening in this world. 

It isn't a great post, but I thought you guys might want to know what I'm up to now that Facebook is gone. 

I plan to post more regularly, so don't worry! I haven't gone off the grid just yet. 

Until next time, I hope you have all been well. Send your address, I'll write you a letter. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read that you're doing well!

    I'm always freaked out about not having a concrete 'something' to plan for or live around, but luckily the military solved that problem for me. I leave February 19 for basic training! Yay!

    Hooray for writing and Brian! Also, best of luck with finding another job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good luck with that! Please keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete